Friday, March 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Do you ever have the feeling like you are longing for home...yet you ARE home? Sometimes I feel like I am missing something, someone. Yet, I am home with my husband my children, surrounded by my things. Everything is familiar to me, even belongs to me. And after pondering this feeling for years I have finally been able to acknowledge where this feeling comes from. It comes at times when life is most hectic for me, when I am hurting emotionally or physically, when I am needing comfort for some reason or another. I am longing for my real home; my Heavenly Home. My soul starts to long for the peace that comes from that special place. And whether my mind remembers it specifically is completely irrelevant, because my spirit does. Learning to recognize this and to be able to acknowledge it for what it is has been life changing for me. It has helped me to be able to comprehend a little bit more that we are "spiritual beings having an earthly experience". Now, if all this is true, and my heart tells me that it is, then wouldn't it make sense that when we are feeling especially homesick our Heavenly Father would send us something to remind us of home, something to connect us with home? I believe that he does. I believe that he has done that for me. Only it has not been something, it has been someone. I have felt privileged to have been sent special people that I have connected with. That even with in a few moments of meeting I have had that crazy feeling of "I know you from somewhere". In my youth I questioned these types of feelings wondering if maybe I was a bit crazy. But as a gracious Heavenly Father has allowed me to experience more of these types of experiences I have been able to acknowledge them for what they are: my life line to home. These special friends have come at different times in different ways and yet the feeling is the same. "I know you. I have always known you". And in understanding that my Heavenly Father is so mindful of me (and what may seem like my insignificant problems) that he would prepare someone else's life to coincide with mine, that we would meet at the right place, and the right time, and in the right way, overwhelms me with gratitude. And I am learning always to trust him. So this is to the few special friends of mine that I have always known. Thank-you for finding me and recognizing me, loving me despite all of my faults and shortcomings, for being able to see who I "really" am, and for making me feel "at home".

No comments: