Friday, April 17, 2009

Why the Fascination?






Why are little boys so fascinated with tampons and pads? As a little girl I did not play with tampons, pads, or any other feminine hygiene products. Maybe it was just programmed in my DNA to despise such types of products. The fact that one day I would be forced to deal with such things as moodiness, bloating, nauseating cramps, and a serious loss of iron may have silently warned to me leave them alone for as long as I possibly could. My boys will never experience such pleasantries, which may be why they actually seem to gravitate towards them. I find that these products even bring out their creative abilities. Tampons become pop guns, and pads turn into very large band aids. Even my husband has found a use for tampons: Got a bloody nose? Hey, just put a tampon up your nose! Each and everyone of my boys has had their "special moment" with feminine hygiene products, and Max is no exception. Last year he went through an entire box of tampons; 72 count to be precise and popped each and everyone out giggling each time. A few days ago he moved onto pads. The great thing is that this is one stage that does NOT last long!

No comments: